now that summer is in full-swing, how about a nice, cool refreshing adult slush to break your sweat? i am so excited to share with you this bourbon slush recipe. it is a flynn family tradition and curated recipe sooooo, you should be so thankful to be reading this ;) JK. the recipe is very easy and i modified it slightly for those who may not want to wait overnight for this tasty treat.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup of tea (two tea bags)
- 1 6 oz. can of orange juice concentrate
- 2 6 oz. cans of Jack Daniels Rum
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar (eep!)
- 2 6 oz. cans of lemonade concentrate
Mix together all ingredients. Pour into freezer container and cover. Freeze until mixture is slushy & serve.
modified (quick to serve, less sweet) recipe:
- 6-8 cups ice
- (depends on how sweet you like it. we originally did 6 and it was too sweet, so then we added in two more cups of ice and it was perfect!)
- 1 cup of unsweetened tea
- 1 can of frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 12 oz. can of rum of your choice
- just fill up one of the orange or lemonade cans with rum!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 shakes of aromatic bitters
Mix together all ingredients in blender and blend until consistency is slush. Pour into drinks and top with bitters.
and that's it! the best part about this recipe is it makes a pretty sizable batch! you can keep it frozen for as long as you like because alcohol doesn't freeze! science.
stay cool and drink responsibly.