we could barely wait to share this video of charleston with y'all. ;) as you probably can tell by my past few posts, charleston is one of me and tyler's favorite places. i hope this video gives you inspiration to book (if not consider!) a trip to this wonderful town. the food, people, and aesthetic is unforgettable and makes me feel warm and happy just thinking about it!
here are all the places featured in the video!
- hominy grill: shrip & grits, mcnasty biscuit
- kudu coffee
- rodney scott's bbq: ribs, chicken sandwich, banana pudding, slaw, potato salad, mac and cheese!
- the daily
- callie's little hot biscuit: cheddar & chive and blackberry biscuit. egg & bacon biscuit sandwich.
- glazed doughnuts: pistachio and peach cobbler doughnuts! SO good.
- boone hall plantation
- sullivan's island
- folly beach
- rainbow row
- king street
where to stay
i realize these are not featured in the video, but tyler and i both had great experiences with the two airbnb's we stayed at.
- affordable and central location - this airbnb is where we stayed on our most recent trip. it is a one bedroom with a private bath and the hosts are wonderful. the environment is very calming and perfect if you know you are going to be out and about all day.
- we stayed at the mackenzie suite on our first trip to charleston. it is definitely a great place to stay if you want to get an authentic charleston experience. it is located in the heart of the french quarter and as charming as can be. the hosts could not be sweeter and will definitely stay again for a more special trip back.
now get your butts to charleston! :)