mother's day is just around the corner and i'm feeling especially grateful for my mom. let me tell you a few things about my mother that make me proud to be her daughter:
- her strength. my mom has gone through some of life's most difficult moments, but has always pushed through. she may have come out more exhausted, but aways stronger. she is a survivor.
- her light. when my mom walks into a room, everyone's eyes open and smiles are all around. she has an energy about her that is truly contagious.
- her compassion. my mom is always the first person to give me a hug or check on me every hour on the phone if i'm not doing well. she also always has the right recipe for whatever i am experiencing. she loves deep and anyone who has experienced her love is lucky.
- her willpower. where there is a will, there is truly a way! if my mom has something on her mind, you can bet it is going to happen one way or another. i have definitely inherited this trait from her. whether it is getting the lawn mowed or getting a puppy, my mom gets it done or figures out how to do it!
- her love for disco. had to throw this one in! my mom is the OG dancing queen. i am always so excited to tell people about my mom's history with disco (she was a disco instructor for a bit!!) and how she has embedded that love of music in me. my mom is and always will be my number one boogie partner!
- her style. my mom always asks me what she should wear or how she should decorate something, which i will gladly give my opinion, but it isn't needed! my mom's sense of style is colorful and fun. who else is daring enough to paint a room purple? who else had a collage of things on walls before it was "cool"? she also loves to incorporate artwork done by my brother and i (which i know is a standard "mom-thing"), but i still find complimentary. her taste has definitely rubbed off on me as i'm not in any way afraid of color and try to bring fun and personality in everything i do.
- her support. my mom is my biggest cheerleader (my brother's, too!). she wants nothing more in this world than for her kids to succeed and she is supportive in everything we pursue. even if some of my choices make her sad (like moving away from her and to nyc!) she was always there supporting me and telling me i can do it.
i love my mom so much and i can't imagine a world without her in it. she may not believe it, but i aspire to be like her. i'm sure she is going to be mad at me for posting some of these photos (she and i both share the same level of criticism of ourselves in photos), but i don't care! i think you look beautiful.
happy mother's day, mom! wish i could be with you, i love you!